Wednesday 7 December 2011

Status from the boss



  1. I’m not bossy, I just know what you should be doing.

  2. At the beginning and end of the day, it’s about who you know...and who you blow.

  3. I correct their spelling mistakes so they think I’m smarter than they are..cool!

  4. My director likes his ego stroked. I wonder what he would give me if I rubbed him.

  5. Anyone who says you can’t get ahead if you’re “rough around the edges” hasn’t seen the managers meetings on Mondays.

  6. Wow! I lied and blamed Dave because I screwed up and then they promoted me. Note to self, don’t try to demonstrate leadership skills.

  7. Memo from my VP said that due to the recent reduction in the management layers to improve efficiency, all management is encouraged to stroke our own ego’s.

  8. The definition of a front line manager is: Caught between the rock-heads and a hard-headed boss.

  9. I’m always first in, last out. I shouldn’t be managing me.

  10. When I write my memoirs, I’ll have make sure to include these chapters: ‘Be a boss: fake it until you make it’ and ‘Leave the company before they realize it’.





No comments:

Post a Comment